Monday 1 February 2010

Millie

The last two weeks in my life have been one of the toughest periods yet.  My special pooch Millie was diagnosed with Cancer about two weeks ago and she died four days later.

I can honestly say Millie was my best friend and where once she filled my heart, it now feels empty and sad.  Looking at photos of her has been impossible, so writing this post must be cathartic.
This photo was taken about 24 hours before I held her in my arms and made the loneliest decision in the world - asking the vet to put her to sleep.  Quite honestly, if it was a decision for self-protection I would have kept her alive as long as possible. 
Yet when a spirit such as Millie gives you so much unconditional love and acceptance, there is only one right decision to make and that is to end her suffering.
 
. . . So the saying goes that the first child in a marriage is the puppy purchased to cover with love and affection before you give birth to your own. . . To my "furry child", rest easy my angel baby, xxxx. Millie 11/10/2001 - 22/01/2010

1 comment: