Friday 5 February 2010

Children's Books

Ok, so I feel a book review coming on.  Today's review is a little different though, because I thought I would show you books by authors/illustrators that I LOVE reading to my children.
Sam Williams is an author/illustrator of many children's books - until recently I thought "he" was a "she"! Naughty me for making assumptions - but his illustrations are so sweet!!

This is a library book we have recently borrowed so it is getting lots of wear and tear at the moment.  We have Sam Williams' "Bunny & Bee's Forest Friends" in our home library, so I snapped this book up at the library knowing it was going to be a lovely book to read.

The photo does not really do this picture justice.  It is so colourful and imaginative.

With illustrations like these children's imaginations can really soar, and I think it appeals to the inner child in all of us.  Don't we all still secretly harbour the hope that tiny worlds such as this really do exist?
And I think Georgia and I would both agree that Patricia MacCarthy's "Dewdrop Babies" series is the best of all.  The colourful pictures are scattered with glitter and the stories are just beautiful.



I am quite lucky because I get to indulge in these amazing worlds under the guise of an enthusiastic mum!
Unfortunately I could not find a website dedicated to Sam Williams great work, but if you would like to see more of the Dewdrop Babies, go be inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment