Wednesday 20 January 2010

Jelly Girl

Here is a quilt I made, that is in the process of being hand quilted. I say "process" but the reality is she has been curled up in a bag for quite a while getting crushed!

The pattern I used is called "Jelly Girl" by Fig Tree Quilts, and the Jelly Roll used is Moda "Spring Magic" by April Cornell.  Never thought I was a floral fanatic, but it is starting to become obvious in the quilts I make. The border I chose is by Lakehouse Dry Goods "Doll Dresses Pearl Rose Trellis".


I bought the backing (shown here on far left) at a separate stage, orginally destined for another quilt.  It surprised me to discover later that it is also a Lakehouse Dry Goods fabric, called "Ticking Stripe Petal".  Now all those creases really should shame me into pulling this quilt out of its hiding place to finish it, don't you think?


I decided to hand quilt using a Perle 8 in a variegated pinks/orange/yellow.  It is really nice to work with. Hopefully I can show you the finished product in the near future!! :)

1 comment:

  1. having it all folded and "squished up" just gives it character!!!

    ReplyDelete