Tuesday 19 January 2010

Japanese Linen Fabric

Thought I would show you some lovely materials.
The first I cannot even take ownership for; I bought it on behalf of my Mum the other day, she saw it in a local patchwork shop and couldn't live without it.

I know it is a cotton/linen blend, and I am sure through surfing the internet that it is a Japanese Fabric, but surprisingly it does not have a printed selvedge with the company name and colours on it.  Strange?! If anyone can tell me where it comes from, I would love to know.


But this is the part I love the most - it is double sided! Fantastic! Being a slightly heavier weight, imagine the possibilities for sewing with a reversible fabric. . .
The material below I did purchase myself on Etsy.


I too have an interest in natural and printed linen, and thought even a fat quarter of this could make up something pretty.  I know it is a also a linen/cotton blend and printed in Japan but its origins I am not sure of either.
Japan really has it worked out for beautiful materials, don't they?!

No comments:

Post a Comment