Friday 1 January 2010

The Fruits of Summer

Sitting outside after putting the children to bed, I noticed the sky changing and moving rapidly.




What an inspiration for colour, light & texture.  The photographs probably don't do the sky justice; it looked like floating pink, blue and yellow glowing fairy floss.  If I waited long enough, I would catch a dart of lightning passing through it.

Another common sight over Summer: the humble tomato. . .



They may be small, but boy do they taste spectacular!!  More flavour in one of these little puppies than kilos of the supermarket variety.  My husband and kids have done a great job raising them.

And one last pic, this time a Christmas present from my wonderful mother.


Isn't this a brilliant idea?! Knowing we have nothing but a dust bowl in our new place, Mum thoughtfully planted a mini vegetable patch containing lettuce, capsicum, thyme, marigolds, nasturtiums, basil, chives, and I am sure something else I can't remember.  It feels like my little patch of green - love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment