Thursday 31 December 2009

Oliver's Rocket


Here is a quilt I made for a friend's one year old boy.  It is called "Oliver's Rocket" which the mum wanted to be the central theme (Oliver's nickname IS Rocket!)

I borrowed much of the idea from one of my favourite books; "Material Obsession" written by Kathy Doughty and Sarah Fielke; and much of the fabric is from the Prints Charming range.  What beautiful material to work with!!  The actual rocket panel is screen printed by Prints Charming and I was aiming to follow the funky look with bright colours and patterns.


I hand quilted this one which was lots of fun, as the red stars have swirling patterns around them, and backed it with a beautiful bubble print that Oliver's mum particularly liked.

It was sad parting with it, but I know it went to a good home

No comments:

Post a Comment