Wednesday 30 December 2009

Summer Days (and Magoo)

It is a very hot 37C here today, and I can feel myself melting.  I cannot believe the end of another year (and decade) is almost here, each year moves faster and faster.  I think when you are a child every day goes on forever, but as you get older it's hard to keep up.

2009 was the year of completing projects. If you are like me, you have a stash of "projects" tucked away in drawers and boxes, ready to be started or even finished!  I vowed this year would be about finishing items which were hanging around, to allow more good stuff in!!

Unfortunately now Christmas has passed and there is nothing pressing to do, my eye is wandering towards a Summer project that will keep me occupied over the too hot days when most time is spent indoors.


This is "Magoo", pattern by Melly & Me

I made Magoo for our new niece, Gracie, born just before Christmas.  Her mum is a HUGE fan of monkeys, so I thought Magoo would suit perfectly.  He was lots of fun to make and suitably "neutral", as when I started him I wasn't sure whether the baby was a boy or girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment