Thursday 7 January 2010

Nature's Chorus

Hi!
Thought I would show you a quilt I made VERY early on.  It was the second attempt at patchwork and the first time outside of a class.  I was bitten by the bug and having first learned patchwork with a jelly roll, couldn't resist trying one again.  Moda Fabrics really have lovely ranges in the jelly rolls; showcasing so many fabrics that aren't always possible to buy individually.
The Moda Jelly Roll I used is "Nature's Chorus" as the title suggests, by April Cornell.

Now this quilt could very easily be titled "Shabby Chic" as it is a little rough around the edges, but she is one of my favourites.  I learnt SO much sewing without a pattern and experimenting as I went. And as so many of you crafters would know, just the experience of working with beautiful materials and colours is uplifting and exciting.


I machine sewed the quilt but opted to have it professionally quilted by a very lovely lady.  The pattern is a continuous line of feathers, which I think suits her perfectly!

At the end of the day, I learnt that taking skills from a class and sitting down on your own to use them and break a few of them can be as much a learning experience as being taught by a teacher.  I will no doubt be attending another class around the corner, but venturing outside the square with what I learn afterwards too.

No comments:

Post a Comment