Tuesday 5 January 2010

Crafty Cushions

Well I am on my way to creating the "Letter" Cushions for Miss Georgia's bedroom.  It has been thoroughly enjoyable (and surprising!) searching through all my materials for pretty floral prints and spots.  I suppose you could compare it to looking at an old photo album really; forgotten memories and occasions come back to you with each photo.  Much like this, I look at some material having completely forgotten about it and find renewed enthusiasm for its gorgeous colour, pretty print or unique design.
I am currently cutting out the applique letters, ready to iron them onto the background.  Once done, I will search once more for a matching backing to the cushion, then put them all together.

You know the older I get the simpler these ideas seem to me, not as complex and difficult as I would have thought ten years ago.  Age is a beautiful thing isn't it?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment