Sunday 3 January 2010

G-E-O-R-G-I-A

What is is about the anticipation of a new project that can fuel so much energy and enthusiasm?
Today I had a big clean out in the children's bedrooms and my own wardrobe which has of course inspired me to fill the space with something else! I saw this photograph a couple of weeks ago in the book "Children's Rooms" by Andrea Maflin . . .

I loved the idea of the "Letter" cushions, and thought they would suit my little girl perfectly, who is very interested in the alphabet at the moment.
Of course I concocted an excuse to visit Spotlight for some applique bonding, and while there noticed a sale on fat quarters and threads. How convenient!!



So begins another craft expedition, because of course I don't have boxes filled with half completed jobs at the moment! I thought these little prints would look cute in Georgia's room and having never used variegated machine thread, thought this would be a great opportunity.

Now tonight I begin a search through my supplies to see what scraps I can unfold which will make the other five letters.

If successful, when my beautiful boy Aidan moves out of his cot into a bed, I may try the same idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment