Wednesday 10 February 2010

Fate or Destiny?

Do you believe that our lives are based on Fate and events happen to us whether planned or not? Or do you believe in Destiny, that we all create our own and it is up to the individual on how their life is lived? I have for a long time believed we create our own destiny, life is what you make it.  There is no such thing as luck or chance, just windows of opportunity that open fleetingly for us to grab.

Lately I have been wondering . . .
Last Friday I sat at the computer and googled "Textile Design".  I don't know why.  A Diploma course popped up and intrigued, I had a look.  It looked good.
Saturday morning the neighbours dropped in the newspaper for us to read, and I sat down with a coffee to discover "second chance" offers at TAFE and Uni courses.  My mind twigged, and I scanned the pages to find the course I had been looking at had positions available.
My mind became so absorbed while sitting outside with the children playing in the sand, they could have created a three tier wedding cake and I wouldn't have batted an eye.
Today I have been ahming and ahhing about these events.  On a whim I asked my lovely sister to print out the application forms for the course, and she dropped them around tonight on her way home from work.
My dilemma is this.  Do I plunge in and take the chance at what feels like a dream opportunity? My confidence wavers.  Can I do it?  With two small children? Part of me wants to take the risk of feeling failure if I don't get accepted, and feel the potential fear of success if I actually do!!

I am laying myself bare here, kind of sending it into the atmosphere.
This blog started as another whim that felt right and now has become something of a lifeline of creativity.  I want to inspire others.  I would love to pass on the excitement and enthusiasm I feel for being a mum, doing craft and sewing, all things decorating and colour.
Doing this Diploma feels like an extension of that.  What a life it would be if I could design and produce my own fabric lines, and create craft/quilt patterns to use them with!

Any advice???

1 comment: