Saturday 16 January 2010

Antique Prints

Thought I would share with you a find I had at an Antique Fair one or two years ago.

The Antique Fair visits every Easter and one year I travelled along to see what kind of trinkets and baubles they had.  I discovered a man selling prints such as these and walked away but never forgot them.  So, you guessed it, the following year back I went with a fist of notes to see if he was there.

The gentleman told me they were pages from a very old magazine called "The Art Decorator", showcasing paintings, ceiling art and prints.  The one below is titled "Ceiling" . . .

There really is no rhyme or reason to my tiny collection, and they were definitely bought more for aesthetic than monetary value!


Somehow I think they may be nice mounted behind frameless perspex, but that may change!

No comments:

Post a Comment